Friday 23 January 2015

Project 365: January 1st - January 7th

The following photos I took between January 1st and January 7th 2015 for my Project 365.

All photos are shot in Aperture Manual, in RAW format and edited in Lightroom.

January 1st

A shot of my Dumbo Christmas decoration. Took a few attempts to get the settings right, but it is a good attempt for my first manual shot.

Settings: ISO 3200, 55mm, f/5.6, 1/20sec.


 January 2nd

A shot of my son, Matthew and his bear, Boo. I was aiming for a high key shot, though again, it took me a few attempts to get the shot correct.

Settings: ISO 200, 52mm, f/8.0, 1/60sec.


 January 3rd

A shot of a building I call the 50p building, close to where I live. Wanted to get outside and try something different with my settings, not that it made much difference due to the weather.

Settings: ISO 100, 34mm, f/5.6, 1/8sec.


 January 4th

A shot of a homemade Christmas decoration before we took down our tree. I have to admit I am not overly fond of the shot as I feel it could have been more in focus, perhaps by changing the ISO setting or F stop.

Settings: ISO 3200, 55mm, f/5.6, 1/8sec.


 January 5th

This is the Apollo Victoria Theatre in London, home to the musical Wicked. I am really pleased with how this shot came out, one of my favourite shots so far.

Settings: ISO 800, 34mm, f/5.6, 1/30sec.


 January 6th

This is a shot of my daughter's bedroom window. Nothing too flashy. I was trying to go for the rain on the window but I took this shot and preferred it.

Settings: ISO 400, 40mm, f/5.6, 1/800sec.


January 7th

This is my cheeky little boy Owen, poking his tongue out at me. Went for a low key, though it was only through editing that I got the black background I truly wanted.

Settings: ISO 100, 44mm, f/5.3, 1/60sec.


No comments:

Post a Comment